Do you know Blogger as a tool to create your own blog?
To develop an effective strategy for your blog , there is an absolutely essential first step: choosing the right content manager.
For small businesses and entrepreneurs launching into the world of content marketing, choosing a blogging platform that is easy to use and set up is very important. Therefore, here we are going to talk about one of the simplest solutions to create a blog: Blogger .
- Do you want to fully understand the Inbound Marketing of the future? Click here and sign up for free in our complete training to develop a global strategy to help you attract and convert users into customers.
What is Blogger?
Blogger is a service created by Pyra Labs and acquired by Google in 2003, which allows you to create and publish an online blog. In order to create the blog and publish content, it is not necessary to write code or install server or scripting programs.
Typically, blogs created on Blogger are hosted by Google itself, with the subdomain blogspot.com . You can create several different blogs with a single Google account.
Although it is often thought that Blogger is not as sophisticated and flexible a content editor as other solutions, the truth is that its functionalities are more than enough to get started in content marketing. In addition, it has several advantages that can be very useful:
- Create a new blog in minutes . If you already have a Google account, you can create your blog in a few clicks, choosing the name, URL, template and more.
- The server and domain are included . Blogger blogs have the domain blogspot.com and the server is set by Google itself.
- It is very easy to insert advertising . Blogger is automatically integrated with Google Adsense, so you can use it to integrate advertising in various locations, such as the sidebar, header, or footer.
The first thing is to create an account on Google to link it to your blog. Then you just have to follow these steps:
- Log into Blogger with your Google account.
- Choose a name for the blog.
- Choose a URL for your blog.
- Please confirm your display name.
- Click Finish and you are done! You will have immediate access to the main panel of your blog.
With just these steps you would be ready to start publishing. But before launching, I recommend that you take a look at two important matters:
- Access controls to your blog. You can make your blog public or private, and add several members with different permissions (authors, administrators or readers).
- Design. You can use the preconfigured gadgets for things like displaying the archive of posts, creating a list of blog tags, or including your profile on every page. More advanced users can also configure the look of the blog using HTML or CSS code for maximum customization.